The United States Marine Corps is a branch military organisation for the United States of America.
While the three main American Armed Forces, Army, Air Force and Navy, were all in the consideration to have one of the Forces dropped in 2010, the U.S. Marines were kept from being included because they were protected by the Constitution.
In 1995, Andrew Trent's Marine Recon Unit was sent to protect some university researches who had apparently uncovered an alien artifact in Peru from hostile forces. Despite it not actually being alien, the Intelligence Convergence Group decided to eliminate the unit. Trent was the only one to escape, aside from the ICG operatives who had been placed in his unit.
Marine Reconnaissance Unit 16, led by Shane Schofield, was dispatched as a forward team to secure an ice station thought to be on top of a burried alien spacecraft. However the unit was plauged by opposing French and British forces, and infiltrators from the ICG. Out of the twelve Marines in this unit, only four survived the whole incident; Schofield, Gena "Mother" Newman, Elizabeth Gant and Robert Simmons.
Schofield, Mother and Gant were reassigned to Marine Helicopter Squadron 1 (HMX-1), the President's helicopter detachment. When Area 7's personnel, including it's 7th Squadron units, turned on the President as part of Charles "Caeser" Russell's plan, the forces of Marine One were a critical part of the group protecting him from harm. Again many Marines died, with Schofield, Mother, Gant and Buck "Book II" Riley Jr being the only survivors of the incident.
Schofield and Book II were part of a Marine Unit sent to a Siberean missile silo under attack as backup to a pair of Delta Force units, unaware it was part of a scheme for bounty hunters to try and take Schofield's head, and only Schofield and Book II escaped.
Andrew Trent led his own team to escort David Fairfax to the Kormoran ship concealing a Chameleon missile Majestic-12 had hijacked in New York, while Book II did the same in San Francisco.
A Marine Unit led by Schofield was part of an apparent retake of a base, only for it to be a trap set up by some corrupt forces as part of a test for Project Stormtrooper. Once again, only a few Marines survived.
Schofield and Mother, along with a couple of other Marines, were part of a research group in the Arctic testing new weapons and technology.
When the Coalition of Minnows decided to break Mustapha Zaeed out of Guantanamo Bay to help in their mission, a Marine Recon squad was sent to the golf course where the Halicarnassus was providing a distraction. Having no desire to kill any of the base's soldiers since they were only doing their job, Jack West Jr arranged for his team to use rubber bullets in their turrets. When the Marines were hit by the rubber bullets, they began thinking the situation was a surprise exercise and set about trying to contain the plane instead. Once the plane began taxiing away, the Marines realised that it wasn't an exercise, but the realisation came too late as the team managed to escape Guantanamo airspace before any pursuit could be initiated.
Some Marines had been seconded to the Commander-in-Chief's In Extremis Force, even though the organisation was supposed to have been disbanded. Sean "Astro" Miller was assigned to join Jack West Jr's mission to restore the Machine on America's behalf, however Paul Robertson and Jack "Wolf" West Sr later tricked the Marine into believing that they were actually his enemy.
Astro operated for CIEF based on the lies he had been told, along with other Marines who had also been falsely led.
Introduced in Ice StationEdit
- Private José "Santa" Cruz †
- Corporal Roger Dowd (ICG Infiltrator; Retired / Arrested)
- Lance-Corporal Elizabeth "Fox" Gant (later Staff-Sergeant and First Lieutenant) †
- Sergeant Mitch "Ratman" Healy †
- Gunnery Sergeant Scott "Snake" Kaplan (ICG Infiltrator) †
- Sergeant-Major Charles Kozlowski (ICG Head; Arrested)
- Corporal Georgio "Legs" Lane †
- Private Augustine "Samurai" Lau - †
- Sergeant Morgan "Montana" Lee (ICG Infiltrator) †
- Sergeant Gena "Mother" Newman (later Gunnery Sergeant)
- Staff-Sergeant Buck "Book" Riley Sr †
- Captain Harley "Romeo" Roach
- Sergeant John Reichart (ICG Infiltrator; Retired / Arrested)
- Lieutenant Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield (later Captain)
- RFC Robert "Rebound" Simmons (Retired)
- Corporal Oliver "Hollywood" Todd †
- First Lieutenant Andrew "Hawk" Trent (later Captain)
Introduced in Area 7Edit
- Lieutenant Colonel Michelle Dallas †
- Corporal Gus "Brainiac" Gorman †
- Colonel Michael "Gunman" Grier †
- Colonel Rodney "Hot Rod / Ramrod" Hagerty (White House Liason Officer)
- Sergeant Wendall "Elvis" Haynes †
- Lieutenant Corbin "Colt" Hendricks †
- Sergeant Ashley "Love Machine" Lewicky †
- Captain Tom "Calvin" Reeves †
- Sergeant Buck "Book II" Riley Jr
Introduced in ScarecrowEdit
- Corporal Paul "Pokey" de Villiers †
- Lance-Corporal "Freddy" †
- "Hastings" †
- Corporal Max "Clark" Kent †
- Corporal Ricky "Rooster" Murphy †
- Sergeant "Bull" Simcox †
- "Tommy" †
- Colonel Clarance Walker
- General Ronson Weitzman †
- Corporal "Whip" Whiting †
Introduced in Hell IslandEdit
- Captain William "the Buccaneer / Buck" Broyles †
- "Cheese" †
- Lieutenant Rick "Razor" Haynes †
- Corporal Harold "Hulk" Hogan †
- Corporal Sean "Astro" Miller (later Lieutenant)
- Sergeant Paulo "Pancho" Sanchez
Introduced in Scarecrow and the Army of ThievesEdit
Introduced in The Six Sacred StonesEdit
Introduced in The Four Legendary KingdomsEdit
- Lieutenant Tim "Tomahawk" Bowles
The Marine Corps serves the United States military, performing operations in conjunction by themselves or with other military units, which involve general combat, scouting out bases, or securing locations in preparation for a fully equipped team.