Bug Chaser, commonly referred to as the Bug, is Jason's younger brother and navigator.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Skills
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Trivia
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Under unknown circumstances, the boy known only as the Bug was left in the care of an orphanage in Falls Creek after his birth parents either died or abandoned him while he was extremely young. By the time he was two-years old, the Bug became closely attached to Jason, who was the only person he could stand to be around, throwing tantrums whenever the two were separated.
When Henry and Martha Chaser decided to adopt Jason, the orphanage dean asked them to adopt the Bug as well, since his tantrums would never cease if the two were separated, to which the two adults agreed.
The Bug and Jason proceeded to grown up on the Chaser farmland, occasionally helping their father with the workload. However, the Bug only grew close to Martha, allowing her to be able to touch him and having the confidence to talk to her alone, and he did not extend this to Henry for unknown reasons. Still, when he was three years old, the Bug was taught by Henry how to drive hover carts.
After Jason found and repaired the remains of an old Ferrari Pro F1 hover car, the Bug became the Argonaut's navigator, in which his extreme skills at calculation and course plotting became apparent, making him an expert at Gate Races. At age 12, the Bug and Jason qualified to enter the Indo-Pacific Reigional Championships.
Qualifying for the International Race School[edit | edit source]
Beginning Race School[edit | edit source]
The Sponsor's Tournament[edit | edit source]
Participating in The Italian Run[edit | edit source]
Road to The New York Challenger[edit | edit source]
The New York Masters[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
The Bug, believed to be autistic, is a very shy and quiet young man, who chooses to never speak to anyone aside from his brother and mother. He is a mathematical genius, which makes him the best kind of navigator, especially for gate races; one who can determine the best routes as soon as the layout becomes available. The Bug's short stature is more than made up for by his loyalty to his brother and team.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Genius-Level Intellect: To Be Added.
- Master Mathematician: To Be Added.
- Master Tactician: As the navigator of Team Argonaut, the Bug has repeatedly shown his skills as a strategist, being able to come up with near or perfect plans for tackling gate races in the short minutes before a race commences. The Bug has used this skill to assist his brother in building their racing points during their difficult start at Race School to keep up with the more capable drivers, and to keep Jason away from other racers in another race while he rebuilt his nerve.
- Trained Driver / Pilot: Despite his youth, the Bug has been taught to drive hover carts, meaning there is potential for him to quickly learn to drive a standard hover car. While he is otherwise too short to reach the pedals, the Bug was able to steer the Argonaut to the finish line while his brother's feet were still pressed down on the pedals.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Argonaut: Jason's personal hover car, which he built from scratch after finding the external shell of an old Ferrari Pro F1 racer and repairing it with an assortment of used and low-quality parts, enough for it to be operational and capable of racing. The Bug serves as the Argonaut's navigator, sitting in the second seat behind the driver.
- Argonaut II: A Ferrari F-3000 belonging to the Lombardi Racing Team which Lombardi loaned to Jason and the Bug in order to race in the Italian Run.
Other Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Team Argonaut Racing Uniform: When the Bug and Jason started racing, they were forced to wear mismatched denim overalls and motorcycle helmets due to the fact that they could not afford new or matching gear. However, Martha was able to make a custom-design uniform for both of her sons, made from standard racing uniform material primarily in white colours with some blue parts on the glove and boots, and lined with silver trim. Henry was also able to provide Bug and Jason with new Shoei helmets that matched their team's new uniform.
- Pit Tarantula: To Be Added.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of his preferred forms of relaxation is headset racing games.